Sunday, December 8, 2019

REVIEW: The Line Up by Meghan Quinn

Christy’s Review:

   photo 7DB3027B-E3C6-432A-A831-A435E6EDE35E_zpsr3cbucwd.png



This is the third sports romance of Meghan Quinn’s that follows Brentwood baseball players. What makes this one different than the first two is it doesn’t follow a college ball player. Jason Orson has been out of college for some time and is a popular MLB catcher.


Dottie Domico is a powerful CEO and all around bad ass. And she’s had a crush on Jason since college, though it’s been that long since she’s seen him. Her best friend Emory is dating Jason’s friend Knox, and now that Jason is back in Chicago, they’re bound to run into each other. Though a charity donation mishap makes it happen more quickly.

Even though Dottie had it bad for Jason, she doesn’t want to go there now. She’s been hurt in her past and isn’t looking for anyone. But Jason… Jason is hard to resist. I loved their back and forth banter and the way Jason could get Dottie to come around. He’s pretty irresistible.

I cannot think of a more hilarious hero than Jason Orson. This guy had me cracking up from page one. Are some of his antics and jokes a little immature, sure, but my goodness is he funny. Dottie is much more high strung but what I loved most about their relationship is that Jason brought out the lighter side of her.

There was some conflict toward the end that was a bit angsty and could have been avoided, but I appreciate that Jason took Knox’s advice and didn’t make the same mistakes as some of the other couples and it didn’t take years to resolve their issues.
 
“Do you want to be happy? Or do you want to be right?”

The Lineup was a gem of a book. One of the funniest rom-coms I’ve read this year and definitely a fantastic addition to this series. I saw that Cory Potter’s book is next and I am dying for that story. I am crossing my fingers that it’s with Jason’s sister, because I think that would be so much fun. If you’re looking for a funny, sexy, and highly entertaining book, pick this one up! It was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon