Thursday, December 12, 2019

AUDIO REVIEW: The A.I. Who Loved Me by Alyssa Cole

The A.I. Who Loved Me by Alyssa Cole

Trinity Jordan leads a quiet, normal life: working from home for the Hive, a multifunctional government research center, and recovering from the incident that sent her into a tailspin. But the life she’s trying to rebuild is plagued by mishaps when Li Wei, her neighbor’s super sexy and super strange nephew, moves in and turns things upside down.

Li Wei’s behavior is downright odd - and the attraction building between them is even more so. When an emergency pulls his aunt away from the apartment complex, Trinity decides to keep an eye on him...and slowly discovers that nothing is what it seems. For one thing, Li Wei isn’t just the hot guy next door - he’s the hot A.I. next door. In fact, he’s so advanced that he blurs the line between man and machine. It’s up to Trinity to help him achieve his objective of learning to be human, but danger is mounting as they figure out whether he’s capable of the most illogical human behavior of all...falling in love.


Christy's Review
The A.I. Who Loved Me is different than the normal romance books I read, but when I saw it was by Alyssa Cole, I knew I wanted to pick it up. Cole is a new to me author this year and I've fallen in love with her books.

Trininty works from home and lives a relatively quiet and boring life. She's recovering from an incident, and everything is going consistently fine until her new neighbor shows up. Li Wei is her neighbor's nephew and a bit.. odd. Li Wei's behavior isn't quite normal and Trinity can't put her finger on it at first. She's very attracted to him, but soon learns he's an A.I.

What I loved about this book the most is that it kept me guessing. Things weren't what they seemed and there were several twists and turns I didn't see coming. At the start of the book, I felt like it was a bit of information overload, but once I listened for a bit, I started to get into the groove of what was going on and I loved it.

I've read some fantasy or paranormal romance in my day, but I'm not sure that I've ever read a romance with robots, but I gotta say- I didn't hate it. In fact, I enjoyed it more than I imagined I would. It was highly entertaining and narrated by a great multi-cast of performers, but primarily by Regina Hill, who did an incredible job. It was such a fun book to listen to, due to it being so fast paced and gripping.

Alyssa Cole is such a talented writer and truly can write in any genre. I hope there are more books based in this 'world' because I would love for some of these secondary characters to get their own book! I definitely recommend the experience of listening to this on audible! It was fantastic, funny, romantic, and action packed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon