Friday, August 2, 2019

FRIDAY FIVE: Romantic Comedies


Hey Babes! So, I want to try something new and fun called ‘FRIDAY FIVE’ where most Fridays I’ll showcase 5 favorite books, authors, bloggers, etc from a specific category.


This first FRIDAY FIVE will be 5 of the best Rom-Com’s I’ve read over the last year! So if you’re looking for a Rom-Com rec, check it out! And keep an eye out on next Friday for a new post!


xoxo Christy 

FRIDAY FIVE: ROMANTIC COMEDIES

1- THE GUY ON THE RIGHT by KATE STEWART:

The most recent favorite romantic comedy I’ve read is The Guy on the Right by Kate Stewart. OMG guys. This one will have you laughing your ass off. It’s the funniest thing I’ve read all year and has so much heart! 

Blurb: Strike One-My mother named me Theodore after her favorite chipmunk.

Not cool, Mom.

I‘ve spent most of my life answering to Teddy, because I couldn’t make Theo work.

Except for here. College. The place where all bets are off, and I’ve managed to redeem myself.
There’s only one problem, my new roommate, Troy, is football royalty and looks like he stepped off the set of an Abercrombie shoot.

Doesn’t matter, I cook a mean breakfast for his panty parade, and we get along well.
And anyway, this year I got the girl. And she’s perfect.

That’s right. Theodore Houseman, former band geek, now marching band rock star has finally landed the girl of his dreams.

Everything is perfect.

That is, until Troy takes a good look at her.

I’m not going down without a fight. As a matter of fact, I’m not going down at all. As glorious as these days may be for my all-star roommate, Laney is my end game. 

I may not know much about play strategy, but I’ve been the good guy my whole life. I’ve been listening and I know exactly what women want. Framed in a picture standing next to me, Troy may seem like Mr. Perfect, but he’s underestimating the guy on the right.


Spoiler alert: In this story, the underdog is going to win.



2- PLAN B by JANA ASTON:

Jana Aston never fails to make me laugh out loud while reading. Her brand of humor is spot on! Also, if you love surprise pregnancy/marriage of convince books, this is one you need in your life! 

Blurb: Mistakes were made, okay?

The moment I laid eyes on Kyle Kingston I knew he was a mistake. A satisfying, toe curling, hair pulling, best night of my life mistake, but a mistake all the same. I didn’t yet know his name, or who he was, but I knew he was a bad idea. 

I take comfort in that, because it means my instincts are still good. Too late, but it’s something.


Because, FYI, I’m pregnant

… and did I mention my baby daddy is both heir to a retail empire and impossible to get ahold of?

I do what any girl would. I break into his Grandfather’s retirement gala by telling the prissy gatekeeper Kyle’s my fiancé. It was a halfway decent plan at the time, trust me. 

But it blows up in my face, disastrously so. You see, Kyle Kingston is all about representing the family values his family’s retail empire was founded on. At least in public. In private- well I’ll tell you about that later. 

He proposes – a marriage of convenience. 

Convenient for everyone but me, because while I’m falling in love with my convenient husband, he’s keeping a billion-dollar secret. From me.



3- THE BROMANCE BOOKCLUB by LYSSA KAY ADAMS:

I’m being a bit of a tease when it comes to this one… I got an early copy thanks to the publisher (TY so much, Berkley!) and you guys… these boys reading romance made my heart soar. It was such a heartwarming and funny book! I haven’t properly reviewed it yet, but I loved it so much.

Blurb: The first rule of book club:
You don't talk about book club.

Nashville Legends second baseman Gavin Scott's marriage is in major league trouble. He’s recently discovered a humiliating secret: his wife Thea has always faked the Big O. When he loses his cool at the revelation, it’s the final straw on their already strained relationship. Thea asks for a divorce, and Gavin realizes he’s let his pride and fear get the better of him. 

Welcome to the Bromance Book Club.

Distraught and desperate, Gavin finds help from an unlikely source: a secret romance book club made up of Nashville's top alpha men. With the help of their current read, a steamy Regency titled Courting the Countess, the guys coach Gavin on saving his marriage. But it'll take a lot more than flowery words and grand gestures for this hapless Romeo to find his inner hero and win back the trust of his wife.



4- TEXT ME BABY ONE MORE TIME by TEAGAN HUNTER: 

Teagan Hunter’s Texting series has become one of my favorite rom-com series. These books are hilarious. Each and every one has made me laugh so hard. This one is the last in the series and a fantastic second chance romance!  

Blurb:  I love you, he said.
Forever, he said.
Turns out, he lied.

When he leaves me high and dry after a cross-country move, I push him out of my life as much as I can, which is hard to do when the guy who broke your heart also happens to be the most famous dude in town.

After a disastrous year, he's aiming to rehab his reputation, and I just so happen to be aiming for a promotion at the paper.

So, we strike a deal, and it's a win-win all around.

Besides, what's the harm in a few dates to charity galas anyway?

He's arrogant, a total jerk. There's no way I'll fall for him...again.

I used to love him. Now I hate him...I think.



5- THE LOCKER ROOM by MEGHAN QUINN:

Meghan Quinn is known to many as the queen of rom-coms and I can totally see why. After reading a few of her funny books, she’s a riot! The Locker Room was more than just a funny book- it had a lot of emotion, some angst (lets be honest… I about threw my kindle at one point) but overall, it was humorous and I would still classify it as a rom-com! Highly recommend for lovers of NA/Sports romance 

Blurb: Have you heard the rumor around campus about the locker room?

If you haven't, let me enlighten you: Legend has it if you bring a girl into the sacred after-game domain of the baseball locker room, it will end with a walk down the aisle. One rowdy and naked encounter against the lockers with the girl of your dreams will make her your wife. 

Translation: baseball players are stupidly superstitious and believe the locker room has magical powers. 

But not all baseball players are superstitious, me included. 

So when the girl I've fallen for brushes me off, I start to question if I need to switch my way of thinking. Maybe it's time I finally hand out a coveted invitation to the locker room. 

The only question is, will she accept?


No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon