Sunday, July 21, 2019

Review: Lies by Kylie Scott

Betty Dawsey knows that breaking things off with Thom Lange is for the best. He’s nice, but boring, and their relationship has lost its spark. But steady and predictable Thom, suddenly doesn’t seem so steady and predictable when their condo explodes and she’s kidnapped by a couple of crazies claiming that Thom isn’t who he says he is. 

Thom is having a hellish week. Not only is he hunting a double agent, but his fiancé dumped him, and thanks to his undercover life, she’s been kidnapped. 

Turns out Thom is Operative Thom and he’s got more than a few secrets to share with Betty if he’s going to keep her alive. With both their lives on the line, their lackluster connection is suddenly replaced by an intense one. But in his line of work, feelings aren’t wanted or desired. Because feelings can be a lethal distraction.

Christy's Review: 
   photo 8A1F1879-FEDF-408E-A6EF-327D2FEAD808_zpsldbpbfmy.png


The entire time I was reading Lies, all I could think of was that this would make a killer movie. It's been a while since I've read a book and could see it being the perfect film. This would be an action film, heavy on the romance and humor. I really enjoyed Betty and Thom's story and it entertained me all the way through.

Betty is getting ready to leave her fiance, Thom. It's for the best. The spark is missing and they're just not on the same page. She sees Thom as nice, predictable, and as average as can be. Oh is Betty in for a surprise... Thom is an operative and his cover has been blown. Betty now sees him for what he really is. A liar.

 
   
“Our whole relationship was like a mission to you. You assessed my life, inserted yourself into it, and then only worked within the parameters you were comfortable with.”
 

There are more important things then feelings right now, as there is a double agent in Thom's group and they're being picked off one by one. Finding the culprit and protecting Betty is his number one priority. Betty may think Thom doesn't care, but it couldn't be farther from the truth. Thom was only giving Betty what he thought she wanted. A quiet, simple, and average life.

I loved watching Betty get to know the real Thom because he was fantastic. I loved the two of them together and I especially loved that she made him work for it. This isn't the most realistic romance, but it was a heck of a good time. I couldn't take my eyes off the pages, I devoured every word.

If you're in the mood for an action packed romance, this is the book for you. Kylie Scott writes in a completely captivating way and this book is steamy, funny, and highly entertaining.

 
   
“Is there anything you didn’t lie to me about?” The mirth disappears from his face. “I wasn’t lying when I said I love you.”
 


1 comment:

BBU - Coming Soon