Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Never Have I Ever is LIVE on audible!

Never Have I Ever by Lauren Blakely

What happens when two frenemies can't stop pushing each other's buttons?

Never Have I Ever been so infuriated by a man I wanted to kiss. 

They say opposites attract, but I beg to differ. Combust is more like it. Because every single time I talk to Zach Nolan, I see red. 

The too-good-looking, too-smart, too-effortlessly-charming single dad who works down the hall from me has turned getting under my skin into a sport. Call it the battle of wits between the wedding planner and the divorce attorney.

Trouble is, when we’re forced into closer quarters, planning an engagement party for our best friends, I start to see his other sides. 

And I fear I’m falling for the enemy.  

*** 

I’m not out to make friends. My goals are simple - fight till the end for my clients, and my family. 

The last thing I need is a vibrant, outgoing, snarky, and surprisingly big-hearted wedding planner to spend my precious free time with...except, watching Piper bond with my daughter just might break down the cinder block walls I’ve built around my heart these last few years. 

Second chances don’t come around for guys like me...or do they?


Christy's Review: 
   photo A675AAD4-7BEA-4762-8192-C13AB3042DC1_zpsimmazqhe.png


Frienemies to lovers, single dad, and fantastic narration. This audio book hit the spot!

Piper and Zach hung out with the same crowd in college, but they never quite got along. Piper is a wedding planner and Zach is a divorce attorney who is happily married. Years later, they're still in the same crowd and work in the same building.

Zach is a widower with 2 amazing children and Piper is still single. These two are oil and water together, and it seems like they would make the most impossible pairing, but the more time they spend together, the more they realize they just fit. Piper fits into Zach's life and adores his kids. Their enemies turns to friends, and that turns into so much more.

I loved the build up and banter between Piper and Zach. They were great together. Piper is one of those heroines you can't help but love and Zach is truly incredible as a single dad and all around good guy. Their relationship changed so organically and without any unnecessary drama.

I read this book in audio format and it was a joy to listen to. Jason Clarke is quickly becoming one of my favorite male narrators. He voiced Zach so effortlessly. Amanda Ronconi did a fantastic job with Piper's voice. It was a top notch audio performance.

I haven't read a ton by Lauren Blakely, but I love her writing style. It's fun, flirty, sweet, and entertaining. This book was easy to listen to and I enjoyed it lots! If you're looking for a great enemies to lovers that's got just the right amount of feels, pick this one up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon