Thursday, December 20, 2018

AUDIO REVIEWS! Meghan Quinn & Sara Ney @InkSlingerPR

AUDIO REVIEW: Love, Sincerely, Yours by Meghan Quinn & Sara Ney 

Dear Mister...**strike out** no, too formal.
Hey there sweet cheeks *strike out* no, too forward.

To whom it may concern,
Full disclosure; before we move forward with this email, I would like it to be known that I have consumed an adequate amount of alcoholic beverages to intoxicate myself tonight. Three margaritas, two shots, and one beer—because it was free.
I think it’s important to be open and honest with your co-workers, don’t you?
So here I am, being honest. Drunk but honest. Or just drunk with lust? You decide.
I like you so much it’s clouding my judgment and making me do things I never would sober. Like write this letter.
I have a hopeless, foolish, schoolgirl crush on you when you are the last person on earth I should be falling for. Did you know people around the office call you a sadist? An egomaniac. An insensitive, arrogant prick. Your bark is worse then your bite, and you don’t scare me. The fact is, I’d love that bite of yours to nip at my bare skin while we’re both wearing nothing but sheets.
For once I want you to look at me as more than one of your employees. 
And as long as we're being honest, that navy blue suit you wear? With the crisp white shirt? It really makes me want to loosen your tie and show you who’s boss. 
Love,
Sincerely,
Yours.


Christy's Review:
   photo IMG_2125_zpsex1wscby.png


OMG this book was so freaking awesome! I usually love all the feels books best, but I swear, 2018 has been the year of rom-coms for me. Meghan Quinn and Sara Ney did a fantastic job co-writing this book. I’ve loved books from both of them individually, but they really shined together! I couldn’t get enough of Peyton, Rome, their emails and banter.

Peyton has it bad for her hot boss. Yes, her boss is hot, but he’s also known as the arrogant prick, the sadist of the office. Peyton doesn’t care. There is something about him that she likes. She sees something there. And in an anonymous email, she lets him know her feelings. Well, if feelings translates into ‘I want to bang you’ anyway. 



When Rome gets this email, he doesn’t know what to think. Of course it’s highly inappropriate of course, and then, maybe it’s a prank? He can’t be sure. All he knows is he’s intrigued by this employee of his. Rome owns a successful business and to maintain that he’s spent so much time being all business. Whoever this woman is, she’s made him smile and laugh more than he has in years. So he keeps responding to this mystery woman, even though he knows he shouldn’t.

One of my favorite things about this book were the emails. I loved reading them, and with reading them, we got to see a whole different side of Rome. Peyton was a fantastic and fun heroine and I loved Rome, even if he was a bit brash at times. They were a great paring and I rooted for them to be together. Their back and forth was comical, witty, and the best part of the book.

I love office romances, enemies to lovers stories, and rom-coms. This was a fantastic mix of all 3. If you have a change to listen to the audiobook, PLEASE check it out! The narration was on point and it was so much fun to listen to!!!  I laughed out loud, I smiled non-stop, and swooned hardcore. I loved this book so much! I hope we get more from this writing duo because they knocked it out of the park with their first book together! Love, Sincerely, Yours is a must read!

AUDIO REVIEW: Three Blind Dates by Meghan Quinn 



"Good Morning Malibu, it’s another beautiful day on the west coast! I'm Noely Clark, your host: and I'm in the market for love…”

When the publicity team of the new local restaurant, Going in Blind, began their search for a hot, local celebrity to promote the wildly popular eatery, they couldn’t have found a better person than me.

Outgoing? Check.
Single? Check.
Open to finding love? Check.

I signed up immediately.

A hopeless romantic with an exceedingly demanding schedule, I've found it impossible to find the man of my dreams — so Going in Blind seems too good to be true! That’s until they start setting me up on dates — three very different, very attractive, very distinct blind dates — and only one thing is for certain...

I’m in big trouble.

Good Morning Malibu,
I'm Noely Clark, and I have a choice to make.
The question is who will I choose; the suit, the rebel, or the jock.
 

CHRISTY'S REVIEW: 

5 stars!!

   photo IMG_2586_zpsxxvecyx6.png


How fun was this book? Seriously, after finishing the audio book I just sighed in happiness. I spent the entire time I listened giggling, smiling, and falling in love with this story! I haven't read many Meghan Quinn books, but she is one funny lady. I can't wait to read the others in this series!

Noely Clark is a morning show host and she's looking for love. What's supposed to be an exclusive new dating set up where you get paired with blind dates that are your 'perfect match' is the route she takes. Noely ends up meeting three guys through Going in Blind. The suit, the rebel, and the jock. It was so hard to choose which guy I loved most. They were all three wonderful in their own ways. I will say, by the end, I was pulling for one specifically and I'm happy to report he got the girl ;)

Noely was a hoot. She was entertaining as can be. I also loved her bff and her brother/sister in law. They were a wonderful entourage of characters. And the guys... the chemistry she had with the suit and the rebel. Sigh. And the jock was just so freaking sweet. I loved them all.

Listening to this on audio was so much fun. I definitely recommend listening vs reading this one. Ava Erikson and Aiden Snow do a fantastic job voicing these characters. They really brought the story to life with their narration. If you're on the lookout for a new listen, I can't recommend this one enough!

There are a lot of laughs in this book but it also has so much heart. I felt for Noely and all three of the guys in different ways. I see that the other two have their own books and this excites me so much! I'll definitely be picking up those audio books as well!

 
    “I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be you so badly.”
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon