Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Review: Heart of Glass by Nicole Jacquelyn


The next standalone novel from Nicole Jacquelyn about love, friendship, and forgiveness. 

Henry Harris was living his dream as a staff sergeant in the Marines. When he's killed in action, his devastated family is in for one more shock: he had a daughter they never knew about.

Morgan Riley has been raising Etta on her own, and that's always been fine by her - until Henry's brother Trevor arrives on her doorstep, willing to do anything to help and make up for his brother's mistakes. Their attraction feels wrong, but Morgan can't seem to turn him away.

Trevor is suddenly in too deep. He has always wanted a family, but Etta and Morgan come with complications. Yet as Etta brings them closer together, Trevor begins to imagine giving Morgan and Etta the life his brother never could. But he wonders if Morgan will ever learn to trust another man with her heart, especially a man whose last name is Harris.

ONE CLICK: https://amzn.to/2NFfvvh

CHRISTY'S REVIEW: 

4 stars!

“description”/

After reading the first 2 books in this series, I could not wait to get my hands on Heart of Glass. Not only because I loved Trevor, but needed to know what would happen after that Henry bomb was dropped.

Trevor and Morgan have both experienced loss in their lives. It's a different kind of loss, but loss all the same. When Trevor learns that his foster brother Henry had a child, he knows he needs to meet her, to make sure she's okay and hopefully be able to be a part of her life. What he never expected was Morgan. To be honest, the last thing Morgan expected was someone like Trevor to walk into her life. Morgan is a single-mom doing the best she can. She's never had it easy in life but always worked hard. Trevor and Morgan connect straight away when they meet. It was a bit of insta-like, but the romance between Trevor and Morgan was definitely more of a slow burn.

What made Heart of Glass so different than the others in this series is the hero. Trevor is a stand-up guy, and dare I say he's damn near perfect. When the first few heroes in this series were... for lack of a better word...assholes- it was kind of nice to see a different kind of hero. Trevor was fantastic and my favorite part of this book. I loved how he was with Morgan, and Etta as well. Even though his relationship with his mom is super important to him, I loved that he stood up for his relationship over all else.

Nicole Jacquelyn writes the best emotionally angsty books. This book had a lot  less angst than some of the others IMO, but still gave me all the feels I needed. I do wish that the couple had more time together, that is always a peeve of mine in books, but overall, this was a solid addition to this series of stand-alones and I enjoyed reading it a lot. The familial aspect always makes my heart happy and I love these are always a bit messy romances. I also just really love Jacqueline's writing. She always hooks me. Now, please please  please bring on Alex's book next! I'm still waiting!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon