Monday, January 22, 2018

Ryan's Bed by @Tijansbooks is LIVE!



I crawled into Ryan Jensen’s bed that first night by accident.

I barely knew him. I thought it was his sister’s bed—her room. It took seconds to realize my error, and I should've left...

I didn’t.
I didn’t jump out.
I didn’t get embarrassed.
I relaxed.
And that night, in that moment, it was the only thing I craved.

I asked to stay. He let me, and I slept.

The truth? I never wanted to leave his bed. If I could've stayed forever, I would have.
He became my sanctuary.

Because—four hours earlier—my twin sister killed herself.






Buy Links


Christy's Review:

description

When I read the blurb for Ryan’s Bed, I thought it would be a sob fest. If you know me, that means I was dying to read it! Add in the gorgeous cover, and I was so excited to get my hands on this book. Honestly, I expected to cry my way through it. Imagine my surprise when I made it to the last chapter without shedding a single tear. Then, I read the last page. And I sobbed. For like an hour after reading the book, I was crying and thinking and crying some more. That last tid-bit of information shook me to my core.

Mackenzie, along with her parents, little brother, and twin sister, have just moved states due to her father’s work promotion. She doesn't really know anyone except her family, and she’s getting ready to start her senior year. Mackenzie is the… average one in her family. Both her siblings are extraordinary and she feels plain in comparison. One day shortly after moving, her life is turned upside down. Her twin sister, Willow, kills herself.
She’d been the social one
The engaging one
The perfect one.
Mackenzie is the person who finds her, and as you can imagine, it’s traumatic for her. She can’t eat, can’t sleep, and doesn’t know what to do with herself. Then, she finds herself in Ryan’s bed. Ryan is a guy who Mackenzie hardly knows. She’s at his parents house and ends up crawling in his bed, at first thinking it’s his sister's. In this bed she finds comfort. She can finally sleep, and just be for a while.

I woke that morning in Ryan’s arms, I felt a little less crazy. I felt a little bit better. And I felt a little more whole.
 

I LOVED Ryan. I loved Ryan and Mackenzie’s relationship. It started off as just friendship, and Ryan was there for Mackenzie unlike anyone else. He understood her pain and let her be herself, let her react how she needed to react and feel what she needed to feel.

This story is very much a story of self-discovery, dealing with grief, family issues, and yes- even falling in love. The family aspect was very important, I think. I liked that we got to see how the entire family reacted to this death, how everyone coped, and eventually tried to heal together. Books like this aren’t easy to read. This subject matter is difficult for a lot of people. Anytime I hear of suicide, my heart breaks. Especially teen suicide. I think this is an important book for people to read.

What I loved most about this story is the strength of both Ryan and Mackenzie. And the ending… I’ll say it again. I got chills. It was so unexpected. And It’s still on my mind. This is a powerful story that will captivate you like only Tijan can! If you’re looking for an unforgettable read, pick up Ryan’s Bed!

description


No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon