Tuesday, March 8, 2016

5+ Stars to Sustained by Emma Chase (Bella's Review)

Sustained by Emma Chase

Bella's Review 

This book is AMAZING! 10,000 stars.
Top Emma Chase read to date.

I listened to Sustained on audiobook and I'm so glad I did.

I had my doubts going into this. Overruled was...not my favorite book. I couldn't handle Stanton Shaw. But...I LOVE Emma Chase's writing and I love Sebastian York's narration, so I thought I would give the second book in The Legal Brief's series a chance. I'm SO glad I did.

Things I loved about this book:
~ Emma Chase is able to write such a good male POV. I don't even miss the female POV. Being in Jake's head is exactly where I wanted to be. The writing is such a great combination of funny, sexy and intelligent. I was quickly sucked into the story and invested in the characters.

~ Jake. OMG. I LOVE Jake. I love that he is honest (almost to a fault). I love that he is a bit of a jerk. I love that he is afraid he doesn't have what it takes to be in a relationship. I love that he can't turn away from Chelsea and the kids. Jake really made this book for me.

~ The kids. I was afraid that the kids would detract from the story. Let me tell you. These kids made the story even better for me. They were all unique, they all pulled on my heart for a different reason and I just LOVED Jake's reaction to them. I loved how he didn't talk to them like they were kids. Jake with the kids was completely swoon-worthy.

~ Chemistry. Seriously. This book had some HOT scenes. The chemistry between Jake and Chelsea, the way he is with her ... you may need a change of clothes. OMG! I loved every second.

~ Laugh out loud. Did I mention this book was funny? Yes it has some serious, somber moments. But this book made me laugh OUT loud while listening. I had my ear buds in and my daughter would ask me what was so funny because I just couldn't contain my laughter.

~ Mention of STD's. So often in books, the guy is a manwhore and the subject of STD's never comes up. Emma Chase did a great job of bringing up this topic and how serious it is. Much respect is due for authors that remind readers that it is a huge risk to sleep around.

~ Strong heroine. Chelsea rocked. She was strong. She was feminine. She was awesome with her nieces and nephews. She did not put up with any BS from Jake. Emma Chase created a great female lead character with Chelsea.

What I didn't like about this book: Not a thing.

I read for books like this one. From the first line I was hooked and I couldn't get enough until I read to the end. Book HEAVEN!!

Bottom line: Sustained is funny, sexy, serious and captivating. READ THIS BOOK!!!

I can't wait to read more by this author.

Highly recommend the audiobook as well. Sebastian York nailed Jake's POV.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Buy Links
Amazon B&NiBooks Kobo


No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon