Friday, September 25, 2015

5+ stars for The Air He Breathes by Brittainy C Cherry @BrittainyCherry @GiveMeBooksBlog




Title: The Air He Breathes
Author: Romance Elements #1
Cover Design: Brittainy C. Cherry
Genre: Romance
 Release Date: September 25, 2015



Blurb

I was warned about Tristan Cole.

“Stay away from him,” people said.
“He’s cruel.”
“He’s cold.”
“He’s damaged.”

It’s easy to judge a man because of his past. To look at Tristan and see a monster.

But I couldn’t do that. I had to accept the wreckage that lived inside of him because it also lived inside of me.

We were both empty.
We were both looking for something else. Something more.
We both wanted to put together the shattered pieces of our yesterdays.

Then perhaps we could finally remember how to breathe.



Christy's 5+ star review!!!



   photo D3AEA61D-2622-4279-96BB-B8ECD2848ECF_zpsv9hojkhx.jpg


The Air He Breathes is the most beautiful book I’ve read this year. It’s a stunning, emotional, heartbreaking and powerful read. It’s outstanding and it’s by far Brittainy’s best work and my favorite book of hers. In fact, it’s my favorite book of 2015. Yes. You read that right. The same author that wrote my favorite book of 2014 (Loving Mr. Daniels) also wrote my favorite book of 2015. This is a book that will stay with you and one you don’t want to miss out on reading.

   photo A79643AB-1ADB-4C3A-9A38-92428016B158_zpsqeyn61dg.jpg


Loss. It can be devastating and debilitating. Losing someone you love has to be one of the worst feelings in the world. Losing the love of your life makes it that much worse. Elizabeth is trying her best to move on, to live every day. To breathe. It helps that she has Emma, her beautiful daughter. She has to stay strong. For her. After an extended visit with her Mama, Elizabeth decides to come home. It’s time. When she gets there, things around her are much of the same, but nothing feels the same for her.

Then she meets him. The new town jerk. The guy everyone talks about but avoids. Tristan Cole.
 
People in town called him an asshole, and I could see why. He wasn’t nice, he wasn’t stable, and he was broken in all of the wrong and right places.

There is more than Tristan than meets the eye. You know that loss we talked about earlier? Tristan has had the ultimate loss. And it forever changed him.

   photo D56B38A5-8283-485E-A3DC-BEB63CF13251_zpsimjvelts.jpg


The last thing Tristan Cole wants is a friend. But Elizabeth befriends him anyway. He resists, but eventually, she wears him down. Her persistence is stronger then his stubbornness. For the first time since his loss, Tristan finds some happiness and even a little peace with Elizabeth and Emma. They are bonded together by their loss. Their loss is what connects them at first. It’s clear as day they are attracted to one another, though both are hesitant to act on it. The progression of their relationship is paced perfectly. They are both damaged, but together, they feel a little more whole. Even if it only is pretend… for now.
 
He and I together was a terrible idea. We were both unstable, we were both shattered, and there was no getting around it. He was thunder, I was lightning, and we were seconds away from creating the perfect storm.



   photo 96F7FA48-F1AA-4AF8-913F-1AA01180A991_zpsxzkjzvqp.jpg


I wasn’t him. She wasn’t her. But my God, it felt good to lie to ourselves.

Lets talk about the characters-   Tristan was such a jerk at the beginning. I wasn’t sure he would win me over, but he certainly did. I loved that even when he and Liz’s friendship started to grow, he didn’t automatically change. It was a gradual progression and it worked well with the story. You could tell how hurt and damaged he was and it took a lot of time for him to come around. And a ton of patience on Liz’s part.

Lizzie was just amazing. She was such a strong heroine. She lost so much, yet was able to give so much of herself to helping Tristan and accepting him. I love that she didn’t care what others thought of her being friends with him etc. I loved the kind of mother she was to Emma and also what kind of friend she was. She had great character.  And a special shout out to  her best friend- seriously what a hoot! Faye brought some much needed laughter to the serious story and was a great addition.

Another thing I loved about this book is that it wasn’t predictable. There were several twists I didn’t see coming at all. I love being surprised in a book. I also loved so much how the friendship turned into something more. At first it started just as a way for the two of them to cope, then it turned into something beautiful.

   photo 5BDBAD4B-0030-4E8C-8939-D487B6A78DBD_zpsjd2un9nk.jpg


Brittainy C Cherry can tell a story like no other. She has this way of sucking you in with her endearing tales, lovable characters and flawless writing. She is like a unicorn. That one special author that never fails to produce a book that goes straight to the top of my favorites list. The one who writes and speaks to my heart, my mind and my soul.

If you’re looking for a book that will make you feel, make you love, move you and make your heart soar, read this book. I cried, I smiled, I cried some more, and by the end, I may have cried again (those were the happy tears). I highlighted a ton because every page was stunning. Every scene had something worth highlighting. The lines in this book were beyond gorgeous.

The Air He Breathes is the most beautiful story of love, loss, friendship, healing and perseverance. It’s a book that is sitting at #1 on my favorites list and one I would recommend to any and everyone. I’m shouting it from the rooftops here READ THIS BOOK! You won’t regret it!

   photo 40D8A12E-5627-4DAE-9B69-E32F8A254D90_zpsbwgfthzn.jpg




Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK






Author Bio

Brittainy Cherry has been in love with words since the day she took her first breath. She graduated from Carroll University with a Bachelors Degree in Theatre Arts and a minor in Creative Writing. She loves to take part in writing screenplays, acting, and dancing--poorly of course. Coffee, chai tea, and wine are three things that she thinks every person should partake in! Brittainy lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with her family. When she's not running a million errands and crafting stories, she's probably playing with her adorable pets.




Author Links



No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon