Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Falling Away by Jasinda Wilder


   photo FallingAway1jpg_zps4b2946e3.jpg


Jasinda Wilder has this way about her books- this particular series especially- that brings out all these emotions in me. Ever since reading Falling Under I’ve been dying for Ben’s story. The second book in this series (Jason and Becca’s book) is my favorite book by her. It got to me in a way that very few books ever have. So to read about their son, it’s something I’ve been looking forward to for a long time.

Ben has been on the road for a while now. After losing Kylie to Oz, he had to get away from home. He had to try to move on, to heal himself. And he couldn’t do that so close to home.


   photo FallingAway2jpg_zps6d7e2b38.jpg


Ben found solace doing the one thing he still loves to do. Playing football. That is until an injury takes Ben out of the game for good. What is he going to do? What does he have left? He’s far away from home and alone. He meets someone that becomes his saving grace. A friend when he needs one. His physical therapist, Cheyenne.

Cheyenne is there for Ben to help him get his strength back. To be there for him when he needs a friend. Then something happens. Ben can’t catch a break. But out of this terrible and tragic ordeal, he meets a girl. A girl unlike any other girl he’s ever met.


   photo FallingAway3jpg_zps61f43d9c.jpg


Ben’s story is hard, but Echo… Echo broke my heart. Their story was painful. It was gripping. It wasn’t easy to read. And I don’t even want to talk about it at all. I want you to read it for yourself. To experience it.

Ben Dorsey is a special man. He must get it from his father. He takes being broken, being wounded, being lost, and turns himself around and strengthens himself to be there for someone else. He fights his battles, fights his demons, so he can be there for Echo while she’s fighting hers.


   photo FallingAway4jpg_zpsc7706fcd.jpg


Echo is a girl who is completely broken. She’s flawed, she’s damaged, and she’s an all around mess. Things in her life have gone crazy. She is out of control and has no one to catch her. Until Ben comes into her life. He’s determined to stay. To help her through anything and everything life throws her way.

 
“You can fall, Echo. I’ll catch you. Because I’m falling too, and I need you to catch me, too.”

I liked Echo a lot as a heroine. Reading her lyrics and watching her perform was like opening a window to her soul. Her pain was palpable. Her grief was imperceptible. And she thought the pain could never go away. Until Ben. Ben changes everything for Echo.


   photo FallingAway5jpg_zpsadba81cf.jpg


As always, Jasidna’s writing is beautiful and fantastic. I love that she can combine emotional, painful, and steamy so perfectly. Her Falling series is her best work in my opinion. Some of the books in this series I will never ever forget. And seeing Jason and Becca all grown up and Jason as a dad… it was a highlight for me! I also loved the musical aspect.

I would recommend to all fans of the Falling series. For readers who love to have their heart ripped open and put back together again. I’m sad the series is over- but I’m excited about a certain character in this book that’s getting his own story!


   photo FallingAway6jpg_zpsa7b78180.jpg



“Now and forever, come what may.”
 



   photo fbfe5257-5c23-4da3-b325-31eaf8f2110a_zpsd0802295.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon