Sunday, December 28, 2014

5+ stars for THE PACT by Karina Halle!

The PactThe Pact by Karina Halle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


The Pact is LIVE!!!!!

5 Cowboy & Baby Blue stars!


   photo ThePact1jpg_zpsba832370.jpg

 
   
Life follows many directions and hopefully, eventually, your mind and body and life and love, all will catch up with each other.



The Pact is a beautiful friends to lovers story thats fun, sweet, sexy and a little angsty. When I think of books like this, Karina Halle isn’t the author I picture writing them. She does action and suspense, she does raw and gritty, she does emotion to the extreme, and she does all that very well. But guess what? Karina Halle is one of those authors that can write anything. That is some true talent. The Pact is a different type of book for her, but it happens to be one of my favorites she’s written.

The Pact is a story about two best friends in their mid twenties. Linden and Steph. Marrying your best friend if neither of you are seriously committed by the time your thirty seems like a good plan, right?

It all started with a pinky swear...

   photo ThePact2jpg_zpsc6f587a5.jpg

 
   
“How about if we don’t find anyone by age, I dunno, thirty, we marry each other?”


“You’re actually serious”


“Aye.”

 


Through the years, this couple goes through it all. They both have serious and not so serious relationships. They have their ups and downs. Stephanie takes a big leap with her career and Linden is right by her side- her primary source of support. No matter what happens between them, one thing remains the same. They are best friends.

Thirty is right there. They are both seeing someone. A trip between friends. Linden, Stephanie, their other best friend James and all the significant others. And a game of truth or dare.

   photo ThePact3jpg_zps1324921e.jpg


Feelings come out. Things change. The pact is still in effect?
 
Maybe I would take that chance and turn him into something more than a friend. But there lies the problem. How do you ensure someone feels the same way about you without telling them how you feel?



Okay, this is one of those books. One of those books where I LOVE both the hero and the heroine equally. How often does that happen? Not very often for me. Stephanie was an incredible heroine. I adored her. Her confidence, her strength, she was a fabulous friend and fun and spunky. Then there was my dear Linden. He was just wonderful. I loved how hard he loved his baby blue. Even though he didn’t always know what to do or how to express himself, he always had the best intentions at heart.
 
I just want to be everything to her. I want to be the best and her only. I want to make her want me, crave me, yearn for me, all the fucking time. I want her to know what it’s like to want and I want to know what it’s like to be wanted by her.



   photo ThePact4jpg_zpsfe3c736f.jpg


While these two are discovering who they are and what they want, they are also discovering that maybe friendship isn’t the only thing between them. Maybe they can have it all. Just maybe, The Pact they made all those years ago could turn into the real thing. But there is something- or someone who makes it difficult.

I can imagine that falling hard for your best friend has to be one of the scariest things to do. You are risking so much if things don’t work out. It’s not just a broken heart. Losing that one person that you count on to always be there for you, who loves you no matter what. It’s scary. But sometimes love is worth the risk.

   photo ThePact5jpg_zps6d852a73.jpg


This is one of my favorite contemporary romances I’ve read this year. I loved this spin on the classic friends to lovers story. Both of the characters were amazing. I loved that it was light and fun, but had just enough heavy and angst to keep my heart racing and get me worked up. It was super sexy and steamy and just an all round great read.  If you’re looking for a fresh standalone romance with captivating writing, lovable characters and an ending that will leave you smiling for days, pick this one up! It’s going straight to my favorites list!

   photo 030840f1-b26f-48ef-867b-7bcdf68c0605_zps3d6c0931.jpg

 
   
Life leaves scars. Sometimes you don’t see them until later. Sometimes you don’t know where they’ve come from. Sometimes they fade before your eyes. But the world leaves its mark on us.

 




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon